QuickBooks™ Tips and Tricks
- You can use your *, +, - and / keys to bring up a calculator in most numeric fields in QB
- Ctrl - Enter saves quickly
- Ctrl - D deletes quickly
- From the Windows drop-down menu at the top of the screen, choose Close All to make all windows close automatically
- Press the F2 key to see your file size, QB version, and # of customers and vendors built into QB
- Click on the History button on any transaction to see other transactions linked to it (e.g. on an invoice, click History and it will show you the customer's payments)
- Press the T in any date field and it changes the date to today, press A on any date field while modifying a report and it defaults to all dates ever used in QB
- While reconciling, click at the top of any column to sort the bank reconciliation screen in any way you want to see it
- Alt - F4 closes Quickbooks immediately
- To add an new item to a list quickly, right-mouse click on a similar item and choose Duplicate and then just change what is different
- More fun tips to come!
Please call me for a no-charge telephone consultation to discuss your QuickBooks questions.